Revance has established a comprehensive privacy program designed to help us respect and protect your privacy rights. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to get a clear understanding of how we collect, use, protect or otherwise handle your Personal Information (defined below).
CONSENT TO PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES AND ELSEWHERE.
This site is owned and operated by Revance in the United States, but the Personal Information (defined below) you provide may be accessible to our affiliates, vendors and suppliers in other countries. If you are visiting this site from a country other than the United States, your Personal Information collected on this site will be transferred outside of your country. The level of legal protection for Personal Information is not the same in all countries and the laws may be more protective in your country than in countries where we process your information; however, we will take reasonable efforts and security measures as described in this Privacy Statement in an effort to keep your information secure. By using this site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your Personal Information in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your information in the course of our business operations.
Revance Website Privacy Statement
Revance respects the privacy of visitors to its websites (“Revance website”) and, as a result, we have developed this website Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement applies to (i) the operation of U.S. websites that directly link to this Privacy Statement when you click on “privacy statement” in the website footer, as well as mobile applications (“Apps”) and digital services (“Digital Services”) that link to or post this Privacy Statement; and (ii) the Personal Information that Revance processes relating to individuals using Revance websites, Apps, and Digital Services. In this Privacy Statement, we collectively refer to the websites, Apps, and Digital Services that may link to or post this Privacy Statement as “websites.”
Personal Information Collected by Revance
Through this website or other Revance websites, Revance may process the following information pertaining to you:
- Information that you provide voluntarily via a Revance website and that can (directly or indirectly) identify or locate you, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other similar information (“Personal Information”). You may always refuse to provide Personal Information to us, but this may lead to our inability to provide you with certain information, products, or services.
- Information related to you that the Revance website you visit collects automatically, such as the date and time of website session, movements across the website, information about your browser, your Internet Protocol (IP) Address and other information gathered through our weblogs, cookies or by other means (see below). An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. It is possible that your IP Address that we collect, or even perhaps a cookie we use, may contain information that could be deemed Personal Information.
We may use your Personal Information:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, services;
- If you apply for a job via our career center, to consider you for employment;
- If you register online, to administer your account;
- To contact you and to provide you with general health information (such as information on certain health conditions) as well as information about our products and services;
- If you have a business or professional relationship with Revance or a Revance affiliate, we may use your Personal Information generally to develop our business relationship with you;
- For legal compliance, such as adverse event reporting or to enforce our rights; and
- For other everyday business purposes, such as website management, research and product development.
We may also enhance or merge information about you, including Personal Information, with information about you obtained from third parties for the same purposes.
By using a Revance website, you consent to our use of your information as described in this Privacy Statement.
How do we protect your information?
Areas of this website that collect Personal Information use reasonable security protections designed to protect this information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes. This website may use a technology called a “cookie”. A cookie is a piece of information that our webserver sends to your computer (actually to your browser file) when you access a website. Then when you come back, our website will detect whether you have one of our cookies on your computer. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the site and help us analyze site usage more accurately. For instance, our site may set a cookie on your browser that keeps you from needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the site. In addition, cookies may be used to remarket employment opportunities to you in the United States. With most Internet browsers or other software, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, functionality of the site may be limited, and you may not be able to take advantage of many of the site’s features.
Information Disclosures and Sharing
Except as provided below, Revance will not share your Personal Information with third parties unless you have consented to the disclosure.
We may share your Personal Information with our agents, contractors or partners in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, Revance, such as sending email messages, managing data, hosting our databases, providing data processing services, providing customer service, or so we may enhance or add data about you from these other entities. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for Revance, or services for the collaboration in which they and Revance are engaged (for example, some of our products are developed and marketed through joint agreements with other companies).
Revance will share Personal Information to respond to duly authorized subpoenas or other lawful information requests of governmental authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to provide Internet security, or where required by law. In exceptionally rare circumstances where national, state or company security is at issue, Revance reserves the right to share our entire database of visitors and customers with appropriate governmental authorities.
We may also provide your Personal Information to a third party in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business of a Revance website to which the information relates, in which case we will require any such buyer to agree to treat Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
First-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) will be used to report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to this site.
- Opt-Out Provision: Google analytics offers an opt-out provision for website visitors who do not want their data to be collected. You can receive more information about this option here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Additional Privacy Rights of California Residents
The California Consumer Protection Act of 2018 (CCPA) permits California residents to exercise specific privacy rights. These rights and their associated protections are as follows.
Right to know what personal information is collected, sold or disclosed
- The categories of personal information Revance collects,
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected,
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information,
- The categories of third parties with whom Revance shares personal information,
- The specific pieces of personal information Revance collected.
You can request the information above at 1-844-916-1305. Please note, Revance must verify the request prior to disclosing or delivering any information.
Right to request the deletion of personal information
California residents have the right to direct Revance to delete personal information from our records and direct our vendors to delete personal information from their records.
Under certain circumstances, Revance may be unable to delete information as requested. Some situations include where personal information is necessary to:
- Complete a transaction, deliver a product or service, or satisfy the terms of a contract;
- Detect a security incident, protect against malicious activity, or aide in a criminal prosecution for such activities;
- Fix technical or informational issues;
- Exercise free speech or ensure another can engage in the exercise of free speech;
- Comply with other legal or regulatory obligations;
- Engage in scientific research in the public interest.
You can request that your personal information is deleted from our records and those of our vendors by contacting us at 1-844-916-1305. Please note, Revance must verify the request prior to deleting any information.
Right to opt-out of the sale of personal information to third parties
Revance does not sell your personal information to third parties. As such, you do not need to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
Right of non-discrimination for exercise of your privacy rights
Revance will not discriminate against any person exercising his or her rights under the CCPA, as described above. Discrimination, in this context, includes denying goods or services, charging different prices for goods or services, providing a different level of quality, or suggestion a customer will receive a different rate for exercising his or her rights.
For More Information
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by writing to:
7555 Gateway Boulevard
Newark, California 94560
Last Updated: June 10, 2020