Revance is currently enrolling patients in a Phase 3 program in cervical dystonia (JUNIPER), a painful condition in which neck muscles contract involuntarily.
There is no cure for cervical dystonia. Symptom-relieving treatments vary and are often used in combination. These include botulinum toxin injections, physical therapy, and surgery. Because sustained relief is rare, a longer-lasting response could make a significant difference for patients.
The number of dystonia cases reported in North America.¹
30 to 50
Most common age of onset for cervical dystonia. The condition can occur at any age.²
Estimated global sales of neuromodulators for muscle movement disorders like cervical dystonia.³
Upper Limb Spasticity
Revance is currently enrolling patients in a Phase 2 clinical trial in upper limb spasticity, a painful condition that affects movement in the arms and hands, often causing muscle stiffness, spasms, and inability to perform daily tasks.
The symptoms of upper limb spasticity are commonly managed with muscle relaxers and antispastic agents, physical therapy, splints, casts, braces, electrical stimulation, or surgery. A long-lasting injection treatment could transform patient lives and foster normalcy in every-day activities.
Estimated number of people worldwide who suffer from spasticity.⁴
Estimated portion of patient population currently receiving treatment.⁵
Estimated number of people in the U.S. who suffer from upper limb spasticity.⁶
Plantar Fasciitis (PF)
Revance is currently enrolling patients in a Phase 2 study in plantar fasciitis, a subacute degenerative process that results in debilitating pain in the heel and bottom of the foot.
Plantar Fasciitis might heal after several months with conservative treatments like ice, stretches, and common pain-relievers. Many cases require steroid injections, physical therapy, shock-wave therapy or surgery. Currently, there is no FDA-approved drug treatment for PF, and no long-lasting therapy for this debilitating yet common condition. A long-lasting treatment would represent an enormous step forward for this patient population.
Estimated number of patient visits per year attributed to PF.⁷
1 in 10
Estimated number of U.S. adults who will suffer from PF in their lifetime.⁷
Annual cost of evaluation and treatment of PF in the U.S.⁸
- Columbia Neurological Surgery. Available at: https://www.columbianeurosurgery.org/conditions/dystonia/. Accessed August 2019
- Dystonia Society. Neck Dystonia. Available at: https://www.dystonia.org.uk/neck-dystonia. Accessed October 23, 2018.
- Global Industry Analysts, Inc. — Botulinum Toxin — A Strategic Business Report; September 2014.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons. Available at: https://www.aans.org/en/Patients/Neurosurgical-Conditions-and-Treatments/Spasticity. Accessed August 2019.
- Munin M et al. Methodology of a Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled,
Parallel-Group, Dose-Ranging, 36-Week, Multicenter Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy and
Safety of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection for the Treatment of Upper Limb Spasticity
in Adults After Stroke or Traumatic Brain Injury (JUNIPER). Poster presented at 2019 TOXINS. 16-19 January, 2019. Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Medscape. Available at: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2207448-overview#showall. Accessed 27 August 2019.
- Rosenbaum AJ, et al. Plantar Heel Pain. Med Clin N Am 98. 2014: 339–352
- Medscape. Available at: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/86143-overview. Accessed 27 August 2019.